112th Anniversary

Well the lost of lives on Titanic anniversary certainly did that in Belfast outside City Hall at 12.00 15th April 2024 where over hundred turn out in the rain, reading out speeches for half hour. Yet I was thinking so few came from Belfast! Apparently it done ever year. Well done indeed.
The figure quoted for the lost of lives in many places at Belfast is 1512! No mention of the1496 figure.

I stood alongside a few others of our group, facing the Engineers Memorial at Southampton. Compared to 2012, this memorial was swamped with hundreds of wreaths and flowers alike. Only two sets of floral wreaths were laden, and one of those was ours. It proves to me some people are moving on with their life's and are gradually or either wanting to forget this tragedy of 112 years ago.​

I must say there were quite a few wreaths and white tulips at the Titanic Memorial Garden in Belfast.

Attachments

• P1010758.JPG
    P1010758.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • P1010757.JPG
    P1010757.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
I must say there were quite a few wreaths and white tulips at the Titanic Memorial Garden in Belfast.
Of all the Titanic memorials I've been lucky enough to visit that is my favorite. Done really well but kind of low key which I like. I was there for the 100th anniversary. Can't believe it's already been 12 years...:eek:.

Back