Robert Triggs

I recently found out that a Robert Triggs of 3 Canal Walk, Southampton, was a fireman/stoker aboard the Titanic. He survived and I was wondering whether anyone knew anything about him.
I know that he was born in 1872 and he may have been in life boat 3.
The reason for the interest, is I've been intrigued by the Titanic since I watched "A Night to remember" in 1984 when I was 10. I looked at the list of crew and found Robert Triggs's name.

Please advise!

Susan Triggs

I recently found out that a Robert Triggs of 3 Canal Walk, Southampton, was a fireman/stoker aboard the Titanic. He survived and I was wondering whether anyone knew anything about him.
I know that he was born in 1872 and he may have been in life boat 3.
The reason for the interest, is I've been intrigued by the Titanic since I watched "A Night to remember" in 1984 when I was 10. I looked at the list of crew and found Robert Triggs's name.

Please advise!

Susan Triggs
Dear Susan My maiden name was Triggs. Robert Triggs died in 1931 and he is buried in Tyneside . He was in an unmarked paupers grave but I am paying to have a headstone placed on his grave and I will send you a photo of this when the job is completed . Robert served in the Army in the First World War and he survived that as well . I am trying to obtain a photo of him but so far no luck

Hello Daphne,

Please note that the message you're responding to is nineteen years old and Susan Triggs. is not a member of the forum.

Therefore, it is unlikely she will see your post.

Back