James George Widgery

Hi

I've just started researching former inhabitants of our home here in Montpelier, Bristol, UK, and from the 1881 census i found out that a George James Widgery was here in that year, aged 17, together with the rest of the Widgery family. I am wondering if its the same man who was on the Titanic, although the age doesn't quite add up (maybe a brother?) Does anyone have any info about George Widgery? I'm new to this!

Unfortunately i only have sporadic access to computer but will look out for any replies.

Thanks for your help!

Polly!

Hello and welcome to the Board.

I'm please to say there is a James G. Widgery who survived and he is also listed in the Titanic's Crew Manifest. However I would strongly advise you to hang on until the end of this month as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is due to release the British Census for 1891. If the package is anything like the 1881 Census, then the chances are a lot of your questions might be answered by looking at one simple CD-ROM Disk.

If you need further enquiries to obtain the package set then here's the address to make contact:-

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
LDS Church Distribution Centre
399, Garretts Green Lane
Birmingham B33 0UH

Telephone Number's:- 0121 7847493 or 0121 7852200

I hope this helps!

Best wishes

Andrew W.

Back