Edward James William Rogers

Does anyone have any more information about this crew member?
He was on the victualling crew.
He was 32 years old. Married. Does anyone know her name? Did they have children?
He was an assistant shopkeeper. Does anyone know what kind of shop?
Does anyone know about his family?
His body was recovered and buried in Nova Scotia.
Thanks for the help.

Vicky,
Here is my print out on Mr. Rogers - it should help you:
Rogers, Edward James William. Lived at 120 Oxford Avenue, Nicholstown, Southampton. Occupation - Assistant Storekeeper, Kitchen. 32 years old. (born in London).
(From: Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklet, March 1913)
Number 569. Rogers, Elizabeth, widow. Children: Edward James; Arthur Vernon; Norman Robert. All class F dependants.
Body number 282. Estimated age 32. Hair dark. Clothing:- Uniform jacket and trousers, green shirt, black coat, bandage on left leg. Tattoo on right arm, butterfly. Effects:- Discharge A book, ring with red stone, 15 cents and tobacco pouch. Interred at Fairview Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Nephew of Edward Henry Bagley.
Named on a gravestone at the church of St. Mary Magdalene - The Parish Church of East Ham London E6.
The Inscription reads:
Also Edward James William
son of the above
aged 38 years
Also Edward Henry Bagley
Nephew of the above
Who Lost Their Lives
in the Titanic Disaster April 15th 1912
Out of the Deep I Call
To Thee O Lord to Thee
Before They Throne of Grace I Fell
Be Merciful To Me
(From Geoff Whitfield) - Probate Report from Liverpool Library, reads:
Rogers, Edward James William of 120 Oxford Avenue, Southampton. Ships storekeeper. Administration Winchester 31st July to Elizabeth Rogers, widow. Effects £131.5s.0d.

Best regards
Brian J. Ticehurst - Southampton UK.

Hello Vicky
Edward was the son of R. G. Rogers. He was married to Elizabeth, and the couple had three children, Edward James, Arthur Vernon and Norman Robert. In 1912 the family lived at 120, Oxford Avenue, Southampton.
Regards
Craig

Hi Vicky,Brian, and Craig,
I recently sent my research on Edward James William Rogers and his cousin Edward Henry Bagley to the Newham Recorder and it was published on the centre pages. Date: 8th October 2003, edition. The photographs of the two men from the East Ham Echo of 1912 were included.
Edward JW Rogers, was born on the 9th September 1880, to Robert James Rogers and wife Priscilla Susannah Rogers (nee Bagley). Robert was a bricklayer and the family lived at 3 Robert Street, North Woolwich. Edward J.W. was baptized on 3rd November at St John the Evangelist, Nth Woolwich. He was one of many children born to the couple. By 1881, the family lived at 3 Elizabeth Terrace.
By 1891, they lived at 18 Robert Street, Nth Woolwich. And Edward J.W. went to school in the area. By the 1901 census, Edward J.W. had left the area and was living in Bootle, Lancashire. He worked as a ship's storekeeper, and married on the 30th June 1901 to Elizabeth Matthews while living at 22 Kenilworth Street, Bootle. They went on to have the 3 children mentioned above. He served on the Oceanic, Olympic, before Titanic.

Regards
Neal Shelden

Back