William McIntyre

TRACEY

Hi! I am writing an article for the Clan MacIntyre Association newsletter on William McIntyre, who was a trimmer. The most information I have found on him has been at this web site (even a photo!). However, I still would like to know if there is more information out there--what happened to him after he returned home? Did he ever serve on another ship? When did he die? Did he have any children? I have e-mailed other Titanic sites with no luck. Anyone out there that can help me? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

I have been doing research on William for quite some time and I have only found a small amount of information about him. His wife died at a young age, leaving him with one daughter. I have gotten some replies to my post on this board and I had a photo of him e-mailed to me. I am working on an article about William for the Clan MacIntyre newsletter. If you would like to contact me directly about this, please do. My e-mail is [email protected]. --Tracey McIntire

Hi! I am writing an article for the Clan MacIntyre Association newsletter on William McIntyre, who was a trimmer. The most information I have found on him has been at this web site (even a photo!). However, I still would like to know if there is more information out there--what happened to him after he returned home? Did he ever serve on another ship? When did he die? Did he have any children? I have e-mailed other Titanic sites with no luck. Anyone out there that can help me? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
William McIntyre was my grand father.

Hi Tracey,
William McIntyre's youngest daughter Annie P. (Patricia) was the mother of my ex girlfriend of 26 years.
Annie, or Pat as she was known, knew very little of her father's remarkable life story, as she spent much of her childhood in an orphanage.
As a young woman, Pat married Douglas Hall, a ship wright in Portsmouth naval yard, who was born in East Cowes in the Isle of Wight.
The couple had three children, John (who sadly passed away in Thailand), Teresa (my ex) and Peter.
It was Pat's son John who researched the family tree and discovered that William was Pat's father.
From what John discovered, he said that William spent approximately the next two years after the sinking in New York, undergoing skin graft operations for the frostbite he suffered on that terrible night.
There's more information about Williams life available on Quora. I hope this helps.

Hi Tracy. William mcintyre was my grandfather. I am daughter of Roy McIntyre his youngest child who is 93 now. All of his siblings have since passed but I met most of them.

Who was your nan? She would be my aunty? I’m lorainne Mcintyre my father is Roy McIntyre him youngest son. He is 93 now.
Hi Lorainne I was the lady that sent you information about your grandfather ,my mother use to visit him at warren avenue and my sister and I went with her ,she always referred to him as uncle Will ,my sister was named after his daughter Patricia who lived on the IOW .
MY grandmothers maiden name was mc intyre and the story goes that when her mother died she was brought up by her grandmother whose name was Fanny mcintryre,however her father was John McIntyre whose wife was Annie Eliza Payne .
My sister and I went to see Roy your father a few years back he was pleased to see us he use to visit my parents quite a lot with his first wife Joyce who died , then he use to bring your mother to visit and we’re with them my sister pat met you but I did not .
I was trying to find the connection between your grandfather William and my grandmother but your dad couldn’t remember .
I was on ancestry site and a lady contacted me from Barbados I think telling me you knew nothing of your family history hence I sent you the info I had .

Back