Hi Jasmine and Ing,

One of the most eerily fascinating Titanic ghost stories I've yet encountered is that of 3rd class victim, Daniel Coxon. Coxon was the night watchman for the well-known Scott Mansion in Merrill, Wisconsin. However, he was perhaps better known as "Popcorn Dan", the jovial owner of a popcorn vendor in downtown Merrill.

Coxon died in the disaster aged 59, and according to local legend, the ghost of bearded "Popcorn Dan", who suffered from a badly injured arm, still regularly haunts Scott Mansion, which is now thought to be cursed.

Most likely the stuff on fantasy, but it's still worth making a note of who sells you popcorn if ever you're in the Merrill region!

Best Regards,
Ben

Hi Ben,

That's fascinating!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Great story there, Ben! Always fascinating to collect this type of anecdotal material, particularly if you have an interest in folklore.

>>Most likely the stuff on fantasy, but it's still worth making a note of who sells you popcorn if ever you're in the Merrill region!<<

Well, I'm not one for the supernatural, but if the chap is still doing business from the Great Beyond, so long as he uses real butter, as far as I'm concerned, he's the Ghost with the Most!
wink.gif

Titanic passenger Dr. Washington Dodge's ghost has purportedly been spotted in the basement of 840 Powell Street, San Francisco, where he shot himself on June 23, 1919. See the article "Iceberg At The Golden Gate," under Titanica Research.

Back