J B Thayer the cricketer

Thanks for that Iain. Very fascinating. I've always been interested in the Thayers, and this information is completely new to me. I wonder if Jack ever partook in the sport?

Boz,
speaking of unlikely people playing cricket, do you ever read the Miles Kington column in the Independent? He occasionally does spoof obituaries of (unlikely) famous people revealing a totally unknown prowess at cricket. Doesn't sound particularly funny, I know, but actually it is.

Hello all:
How timely, I just had Lois Thayer Frazier as a guest lecturer in my Titanic class. Her father was John Borland Thayer III, the Jack who along with his mother, survived the Titanic. In talking to the class she told them that her father played cricket in PA. Apparently there was quite a cricket club out there in Haverford PA. Lois Frazier has supplied me with a lot of information about the Thayers which I'm sending on to Phil to update the biographies.
Regards,
Charlie Weeks

Hi Charlie,
doing my best after computer worm crash - no email. I can't make tomorrow - work. If you get this, ring on 01252 684358 to re-arrange contact. This is hopeless ....!

Back