Marguerite Burns

it would be wonderful. u know what.... i bet people think she's crazy but i dont. after a schock like that she could have had a case on amensia.

holly

Alicia, I was just about to post that same information and found that you'd beat me to it. I sure wish we could find a relative for her before it's too late, and most likely it already is.

This article is on the same level as the work of Jayson Blair and deserves the same exposure. It's obviously written without the most basic research. I didn't know SARS affects the brain.

Ha ha Dave. I did have my doubts, but I guess I wanted to believe that there is a real life old Rose out there. I looked through the passenger lists and didn't find anything. Guess she was just another person wanting to be part of the Titanic saga.

I also saw this article in the Star when in TO for Victoria Day weekend. A bit over the top, but the good news is Toronto is SARS-free! So all is not lost, etc.!

Alicia and Holly, I hope you won't be offended by some of us having a little good-natured fun here. All reports are worthy of at least some consideration and you did the right thing by checking the records and bringing this case to the attention of those with more experience. The journalist from the 'Toronto Star' should have done the same.

Geoff, I think one cow only in Alta. But the prime minister is eating Alberta beef (pic in today's paper) so who knows what could happen!

G

PS Don't believe the hype.

Bob, no hard feelings. It takes wake up calls like this to remind me that I'm a long way from becoming the Titanic guru I want to be. Oh well. At least I can still wow my friends at school with my comparatively obsessive knowledge.
happy.gif

Alicia, if you're still at school you've got plenty of time to become a guru, so keep working at it. Wish I'd started that young - when I was at school there were hundreds of Titanic survivors still alive. I've since discovered that I lived almost next door to two of them and didn't know it!

Back