Anders and Alfrida Andersson

I am related to the Anders Johan Andersson family, from the third class. All seven Andersson family members died on the Titanic, which I think is terribly sad. Please visit my homepage and sign the guest book. This page is very informing and I think about the Titanic differently now.

Lauren Elizabeth Carroll
Massachusetts

i think i have to find some informations about andersson family, but it's writting in swedish so i can't translate their. i've one photo of the family before the birth or Ellis Andersson and at Ebba's birth. I can send it to you in lot oh time ! sorry for my english but i'm french and i'm just 13 !

I have some help for you.
Anders and Alfrida Andersson lived in Kisa, Sweden, a city about 200 Miles southwest of Stockholm. The Andersson Family had a farm outside Kisa, where they had five children. They had four daughters and a son. Their first daughter, Sigrid, was born on April 16, 1900, followed by their second daughter, Ingeborg on the same day in 1902. Their third daughter Ebba was born on November 14, 1905, followed by their only son, Sigvard on July 21, 1907. Their fifth child and fourth daughter, Ellis was born on January 19 1910. Sometime during the winder of 1911/1912, Anders and Alfrida made the decision to emigrate to Canada, to Winnipeg where Anders's sister lived. They were among 11 passengers from Kisa that boarded the Titanic at Southampton as Third Class Passengers.
Sadly, the Anderssons were one of nine large families lost in the Titanic's Sinking. The entire family was seen on deck shortly before the ship broke apart.
In the book "Women and Children First" I found a picture of the Andersson family taken just months before their deaths in the North Atlantic.
If you could, send me those pictures of the family.
[email protected]

I would like to know if there are any other photos of the Anderssons apart from the one just after Ellis was born? If there are, please answer me.
I would also like to know if any of the children met friends like other swedish kids?
M.

In the photo of the Andersson family, standing at the back, are Sigrid and Ingeborg Andersson. But which one is which? I tried to see by looking at their sizes, and faces, but that doesn't work. Does anyone know which girl is which?
Miranda

Hello. I am related to the Andersson family by marriage. It was my grandfather's uncle (Andrew Zakrison) who was married to Alfrida's sister Susanna and that is the family they were going to in Winnipeg, Canada. I had heard that there were members of our family lost on the Titanic, but have only just begun to learn about them. My grandmother apparently had photos of the family, but they seem to be lost. (Alfrida was known in our family as Freda, and Anna Sigrid Danbom went by Sigrid). I understand some of those posting have photographs of the family, and I would love to have these, if they are available digitally. I understand that photos are also available in the book Women and Children First, which I am going to locate. I have read the biographies of the Anderssons and Danboms on this site. Does anyone know what became of Anna Nysten, who was apparently the only one of the party from Kisa to survive and saw the Anderson's and Danboms on the deck before the sinking? Thank you to anyone who can provide additional information.

Hallo, Linda, and welcome to the forum. A studio portrait of the Andersson family can be seen on this web page:

That's the same photo which appears in Judith Geller's book (larger but cropped). If you haven't already done so, read Anna Nysten's biography entry on this site for a little more info on her life (and death) after Titanic.

Anders%20Anderssons%20familj.jpg

Thanks so much Bob, for this link. I found the whole site quite interesting, as my grandparents were Swedish immigrants from Ostergotland. The Titanic Artifact Exhibition opens in my city on April 14, so the family connections will make it all the more interesting! Thanks again!

Linda

Ellis (the baby) seems too big to be about two months old or younger. I think the photo was taken about June 1910. I also mesured Ebba's size and to me she looks about the right size for four and a half years.

I found this photo in my grandmother's photo album. It was taken in Kisa, Sweden and on the back she has written "Sigrid". I think it might be Sigrid Danbom (nee Brogren), who was a sister of Freda Andersson and who was also lost with her husband (Ernest Gilbert Danbom) and son (Gilbert Sigvard Emanuel Danbom -- youngest person lost) on the Titanic. Does anyone know of any other photos of the Danbom family that I could compare this to?

119551.jpg

Hey Linda..I found this picture of the Danboms...I believe its the mother with the baby. I forget what newspaper I found it in but I printed it from the National Archives near where I live. Sorry if its poor quality but I dont have a scanner.

Andrew

119555.jpg

Thanks, Andrew. It doesn't really look like the same person to me, although it's difficult to tell. Can you tell me which National Archives you found it in, as maybe I can search it online and get a better copy. Thanks again for any information you can provide.
Linda

Back