David John Barton

Hey, if anyone has any information about/of David John Barton I am looking for as much as possible. I think that he might be a relative (my dad looks like him), but I would like information anyway. Thanx for all the help!!

David Barton Was my Great, Great Grandfather.
If anyone has more information about him, I would be very interested.I have also often wondered what he looked like, but have never been able to find any photos.

Graeme - Heres a bit more I hope it helps?
Cheers - Brian

Barton, Mr. David. Missing. Belle Vue Cottages, Wicken, Cambridge. UK.

(From: Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklet, March 1913)
Number P. 301. Barton, Shaw, father, 7s 0d. per week.

(From The Cambridge Independent Press, April, 19, 1912, page 5).
David Barton, a Wicken lad, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Shaw Barton, of Wicken, was on the Titanic, on his way to the United States. Where he intended to settle, and it is feared he is one of those who have lost their lives. He should have left by another vessel, which sailed some weeks prior to the Titanic, but had to wait until he had improved in health sufficiently to pass a medical examination.

When David John Barton died he was apparently unmarried and there were no recorded children. I am therefore puzzled about him being a Great Great Grandfather to anyone. There is, incidentally, a photograph (submitted by Geoff Whitfield) of him in ET's original biography.

There was another Barton onboard Titanic, namely Sidney John Barton - a 3rd class steward. He also died in the sinking, and was unmarried with no recorded children.

A bit of a mystery, or at least some further explaining needed it seems.

Hey all,
I actually recall seeing a photograph of David Barton in the Weekend magazine supplement of a Saturday edition of the Daily Mail newspaper about 2 or 3 years back. Not sure if I kept it as a clipping - will check. Article was old photos of Cambridgeshire villages and had David standing outside a forge or barn with a few other people. Caption beneath named him and described his fate aboard Titanic. Will look for it and if I find it i'll send it to you Amy if you like. It was definitely David Barton - that I know.
Regards,
Rich.

My mother is researching our family history and believes us to be related to David John Barton via his father, Shaw Barton (Barton was my mothers maiden name). Is there anyone on the forum who has completed any research on David John Barton. Any help is much appreciated.

This thread seems very old but if anyone is still searching, he was my grandfathers great uncle. We have a full family tree and any information is available to anyone that wants it.

Back