Solomon Bowenur (Banewer)

I have found another tidbit on this elusive man,
and was hoping possibly others could take this further.

Here it is:

Solomon BONEMUR (yup another spelling)
age 34 (in keeping with the 1870 birthdate)
sailing from , you guessed it Southampton...
aboard the SS. New York on the 13th of August 1904. He is a US citizen...but unfortunately nothing else is revealed. The spelling throws me as I was thinking Bowenur could easily have been
Boenner and with correct pronunciation could lead a British immigrations person to write Bowenur.
But Bonemur baffles me. Im thinking it might be of a french origin, instead of Jewish or German as I originally thought.

Cheers, Jim Bianco
below is the image of Solomon from the manifest:

James Bianco. You are an asset to the Titanic community. Welcome aboard.
Straying off on an unrelated topic momentarily... I attempted to send you a private email regarding a little fun (and ongoing) research I'm doing on your grandmothers cousin's wife's family, which could mean a research trip back to Goldfield Nevada for me,(
grin.gif
) but you do not have an email addy listed. Could you get in touch with me, when you have the chance?

Hello Colleen, I can be reached at [email protected]. What sort of research are you working on? My cousin Phillip Brady would probably be most helpful, if I could find his current email addy, he is the great grandson of Alfred V. and Margaret Emerson, or perhaps you are researching Ellen French?

Jim

Back