Alfred G Rowe

Here is an extract from the oldest newspaper article where a Titanic passenger is mentioned which I have read: It is about Alfred G. Rowe.
Dodge City Times. Dodge City Aug. 24 1882.
"The fencing of lands in the Panhandle has become an important item in the cattle business. The large stock owners are purchasing lands and fencing the site. Some extent of fencing may be inferred from the quantity of wire forwarded from Dodge City. L.E. Degar informs us that he has been shipped sixteen loads of wire since January 1 for the following named cattle raisers: Glitton & Sanborn, Lee-Scott Cattle Company, C. Goodnight,Alfred Rowe and W.M.D Lee & Co."
Have anybody seen older newespaper articles about Alfred G. Rowe?

I am almost embarrassed to post this... as this link is from The Sun newspaper.

Summary:
quote:

A TITANIC passenger’s chilling final letter from the ship, in which he PREDICTED its tragic end, has finally emerged – 95 years after the disaster.

British farmer and landowner Alfred Rowe, 59, described the giant liner as “too big” and a “positive danger” in the letter home to wife Constance.

Excellent stuff, Paul!

I once had a copy of that portrait, courtesy of a Texas museum, but it disappeared into cyperspace during an unsuccessful attempt to de-clog my PC.

Nice to see it again here.

Best regards,
Ben

[Moderator's Note: This message and the one immediately above it, originally a separate thread, have been moved to this pre-existing thread about the same passenger. MAB]

Back