Gravemarkers memorials and cemeteries

You really must go to the above site and check out Archie Butt's cenotaph! I just know there are folks with stone fever out there. Calling all taphophiles!

If anyone would like a photo of Helen Walton Bishop's grave marker, email me and I will email you a copy.

The photo in Judith Geller's excellent book "Women and Children First" is not the actual grave marker of Helen and her infant son Randall. The photo in the book is the Walton family plot marker, and Helen's name and dates were placed on it. Her actual grave in in front of the stone, and she is buried between her parents.

Ciao!

Does anyone know if there is a site where one can view the tombstones of 'the survivors'? Through the ET site I discovered last night that Dickinson Bishop is buried about an hour and a half drive from where I live and another 'survivor', Harold Johnson is buried about a half hour away.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Last year I ran across this website, which shows the gravesites of several 'groups' of people (mostly movie and television stars). This site also includes Titanic graves, 35 of them anyway.

Go to:
http://www.findagrave.com/tocs/reunions.html
and scroll down the list and click on 'Titanic passengers'.

Hope this is of some help.

Best regards,
Cook

Dear Jordan,

I do not believe there is a website devoted to the grave stones of Titanic passengers and crew.

However, I have visited over 400 graves over the last twenty years. I have sent over 150 photographs to Phil Hind for inclusion on the ET. Some of them appear under each particular passenger's biography.

If you are looking for a particular stone, just let me know and I'll see if I can help. Please leave your e-mail so I can send them to you.

Michael Findlay

Hi Michael,

Your 400 graves certainly beats my 3!! (Austin Partner and Tyrell and Julia Cavendish). Have you visited those particular graves?
I noticed many of the ET grave photos have your name attached to them. Does this mean you took them yourself or just provided them for the site. I am asking because I'm considering sending my personal photos of both the Partner and Cavendish graves to Phil Hind. I'll admit I'm very much an amateur photographer!
Could you advise?

Regards
Ben

Pat,

Thank you for the information on that site. I had known about the site but never once thought of putting in the name of anyone from the Titanic. I also had never seen the page that you gave the url for.

Michael,

Thank you for your generous offer. I had no one particular person in mind. When the weather gets better I intend to go to a couple of the grave sites in this area and take some photographs. I believe I will be able to locate Dickinson Bishop's and Harold Johnson's (also his sister who died a year or two ago) without much trouble. If you or Phil Hind do not have photos of these graves I would be more than glad to send copies.

Jordan

i think it was on this site once i saw a link in a post to a website with millions of online graves where you could leave messages and e-flowers it had famous people as well as ordinary relatives etc
does anyone know this site?it had a search box and a map too.

Back