Stewards and other miscellaneous crew members

Hi there was 3 Third Class Stewards including Steward 3 , There also was Sailor with Fire Axe and two men in blue suit. And My Question is Who they are (that ones in blue jackets), If First Class Stewards or Second Class Stewards or what. Please, Please answer me.

titanic-movie-screencaps.com-15392.jpg

Hi Can you please identify accent of Steward 2 played by Nick Meaney? He gives lifebelts to passengers. He was attempt to stop third class passengers. And he denied Jack Dawson order him unlock the gate. They broke gate from its hinges. He still asked them to stop only to be knocked out by Thomas Ryan.

Hi! I'm pretty sure it was British...but there are regional differences that might pin it down a little more. He did have a certain way of saying 'down' when he said 'go back down', at least from what I remember. Someone from the UK might be able to tell from which part his accent would be heard.

I've heard that Rose was supposed to be the one to sock him one (she can pack a punch as we see in the Gymnasium scene, and when she punched the frantic steward), but Tommy was so well liked it was given to him. She had no problem punching, and I really can't believe she didn't give Cal one.

Hi

What do you think that happen with him? He was one who firstly woke up the passengers and then guided some as Jack and Rose broke the doors. It seems that he didn't understand the severity of situation.

So, did he drowned inside the ship? Or went up on the deck and either drowned in the ocean or freezes to death?

I'd like to think, having fully discharged his duties to his passengers he quietly left the ever growing crowds on the upper deck and headed forward to the focsle lockers where he found enough rope and equipment to make a small raft. He slipped, unobserved, over the ships side and paddled away into the darkness. He spent three days alone and adrift on his raft before being rescued by a small cargo ship. Claiming that he'd actually been shipwrecked while trying to sail solo across the Atlantic, the crew of the steamer took him on board and looked after him. As it happens the steamer was heading for Europe carrying a travelling circus on the way from the US to tour Bulgaria, Hungary and Austria. Seeking a new life and never wishing to go back to being a steward our hero takes up an offer of employment with the circus following the dream he'd always had as a child to be a circus clown. Changing his name to Bongo he spent the next two years touring Europe entertaining children and bringing joy and laughter to all. At the outbreak of the first world war he returned to the UK however he was rejected for war service due to being medically unfit. Wishing to do his duty he worked in a number of jobs to support the war effort including entertaining the troops in a variety act. After the war he moved to the US where, with the growth of the movie industry, he made his way to California and was cast in a number of minor roles in successful silent films. Eventually he would meet the love of his life and settle down on a small farm. Never talking of his previous life or the events of April 1912, he was always listed among the missing presumed dead. In actual fact he passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family on the 22nd Jan 1968.

Matthew Bowyer Fan, IMDB states that the actor Brendan Connolly played the "Scotland Road Steward" Brendan Connolly - IMDb

As to whether he survived (and adopted a new career as the clown Bongo ;)) it would best to check if he's standing on the Grand Staircase for Jack and Rose's reunion...
youtube:8CwnWAk9qU0

As to whether he survived (and adopted a new career as the clown Bongo ;)) it would best to check if he's standing on the Grand Staircase for Jack and Rose's reunion...

That wouldn't tell us much. Rose didn't pass away on Titanic and yet returned there at the end of the film. Maybe our hero steward had a best friend who he later regretted leaving and in his after life returned to the Titanic?

If there's one thing we do know about Bongo the... (cough, cough) sorry the steward is that his real life counterpart might have survived.

According to this video the incident and line "That White Star Line Property!" was said during the sinking. However a quick search of T.I.P. shows nothing so it was either from a newspaper account (that was dramatised / made up) or was a rumour that's since been claimed as fact.

youtube:Iv0MfoNLjT4

Back