Crew Picture

Gaston Sam

Does anybody know when and where was this picture taken?
crew.jpg

It's a nice pic.
The ABs I could identify (from left to right):
- Top: 1 Archer, 5 Fleet, 6 Bright, 7 Osman
- Middle: 3 Hogg, 4 Vigott, 5 Horsewell, 6 Jones
- Bottom: 4 Evans, 5 Perkis

If I recall correctly, this was the one of the photos that Fleet gave Ed Kamuda back when He and Fleet were corresponding. Fleet actually sent this photo along with another one that is a studio photo him and some other crew members. One of the photos was large and Fleet actually had to bend it for it to be shipped. I think this my be the Adriatic with the crew going home from the US Inquiries. There is a commutator from 1993 that mentions all of this.

It'd be nice to get a copy of the studio photo.
Yeah I agree it would. I forget what volume it is but the pictures are in a 1993 Titanic Historical Society Commutator. The Cover of the Commutator has a image of the Captain Smith Statue. I'm sure if you look around you can find a copy of the issue fairly reasonable. The article in it on Frederick Fleet is a great article to read along with all the letters that Fleet and Kamuda wrote.

As to the remaining man, I don't think any of the deck crew who have photographs match that man at all.

Joseph Scarrott
scarrott.jpg

Alfred Oliver
olliver_a.jpg

Alfred Evans
alfred-evans.jpg

William Harder
harderw.jpg

Samuel Hemming
hemming.jpg

Hichens
hichens_r_cr10.jpg

Archie Jewell
archie-jewell.jpg

Reginald Lee
reginald-robinson-lee.jpg

William Lucas
titanic-crew-william-arthur-lucas_100x100.jpg

Paddy McGough
Titanic-George-McGough_100x100.jpg

Charles Pascoe
pascoe.jpg

William Peters
william-chapman-peters-cr10_medium.jpg

John Poindegstre
poingdestre_thm.jpg

Walter Wynn
walter_wynn_photograph_1_10015.jpg

Thus, he is likely one of those two who we have no photos of that we can reference:

Able Seaman James Anderson - 40
Able Seaman Walter Brice - 43

The Ist image on yesterday's post you confirm with a question mark is John Hopkins, the same image you now confirm is Charles Pascoe without a question mark. A bit strange?

Back