Nellie Bessette

I was happening to do a project on all of the Titanic survivors. Well I just happened to get a woman named Nellie Mayo Bessette. She was a 1st class passenger and was a personal maid for a woman named Mrs Ella White. What I want to know is if she knew that the boat was sinking? How did she spend her time on the boat? Who did she spend her time with on the boat? What was her impressions of the ship when she saw it? Who were some of the people rescued on her lifeboat with her? When you stop and take the time to do a project like this you actually get interested and you want to know what actually happened for yourself. So if you have any questions, ask me at [email protected] and let your imagination explore.

Ashley - at the top right of this web page you'll find a search window. Type in the name Bessette and hit the search button. That will provide you with links to various other pages on this website where you can find some of the information you're looking for. But you won't find any record of Miss Bessette's impressions of the ship when she first saw it. Very few survivors left any record at all of their thoughts or opinions, and if they did it was generally of their impressions of the ship when they last saw it!

Back