Bridget Driscoll

Bridget O'Driscoll was a first cousin of my mother, Margaret Barry. For many years, the family thought she perished on the Titanic. My Aunt, Elizabeth O'Leary, who was my mother's older sister and closer in age to Bridget told us that she thought that she had survived. Noone followed up with her whereabouts since my mother didn't know her (being the youngest in her family) and my Aunt did not arrive in America until years later. Just by chance, I requested the List of passengers on the Titanic and saw her name. It made me cry to think that we never knew her, but I'm so glad that she survived, being third class and knowing that most of this group did not make it.

She was my great-grandma. She died when I was 9 years old. She married Dominic Carney. They had one daughter, Cathleen Carney. My grandma is still alive. My grandma had four children, they are all allive. All of Bridget's and Dominic's grandchildren are still alive. I have been told that Dominic and Bridget had a store on City Island, NY. After Dominic died in the early 1960's Bridget moved to Houston to be with her daughter and family. Grammy Carney, that is how I knew her, She was an active woman. Out of all of the great-grandchildren, I was the oldest, so I have the best memories of her. She was a loving woman to her family. As far as I know she never talked about the Titanic. Maybe she talked about before I was born.

I was wondering if there is any connections to the Driscoll hotel in Austin, Texas. I have heard many stories of it being haunted and have been inside it just once. It was such a long time ago when I was planning my wedding. And I wanted to know if someone from the titanic could have been connected to it. I am fascinated with titanic and wish to know more about it's survivors and titanic in general. Thanks for sharing your story as well

My grand aunt Jennie ODriscoll. Buried at same cemetary married last name scugrue ?? And relatives on my mothers side there too cullen and mckeons from Mayoz-

She was my Great Great Aunt. My Grandfather is Jack Driscoll and my Grandmother Bridget Driscoll both lived in Toronto Canada when leaving Ireland. My Grandmother's sister Mary Driscoll also lived in the Bronx.

I believe Bridget Driscoll was my Great-Great Aunt as well. Mary Driscoll was my Great Grandmother, she married John Southard. They gave birth to my grandmother Catherine Southard.

She was my great great grandmother's cousin. my great great grandmother was Minnie Driscoll, and was the one who rescued her after the carpathia docked in NYC. From the story i heard from other cousins was that Minnie didn't have much money to get to NYC from Jersey City so she bought 3 huge bottles of Whiskey, and used those as payment to the funeral carriage driver, the NYC police officer, and the English sailor on the Carpathia who helped her locate Bridget.

Back