Edwin Alfred Best

Edwin Alfred's father, Edwin John Best was my great great grandfather through his relationship with Louisa Morse (nee Head). I remember speaking to my maternal grandmother about an old photo album I have and she said one of her uncles had died in the sinking of the Titanic. This must have been her mother's half brother Edwin Alfred. I more than likely have a photograph of Edwin Alfred but alas don't have names to all the faces in the album.

Hello, I'm currently researching my partners tree, and Edwin Alfred Best was his great x2 uncle also. Edwin John Best is his great x2 grandfather from the line of Alice Elizabeth Best, named above as a daughter from his first marriage to Sarah Ann Dibben. I believe that makes you and my partner distant cousins.

Son 1 Edwin Alfred Best born 19 May 1898, married May Louisa Margaret Jackson (1 May 1900 - Southampton) in 1924 in Southampton He did live in Canada but died in 1945 in Southampton.
Son 2 Leonard George Best born 2 Aug 1899 in Southampton, married Georgina C. Phillips (8 Aug 1897 - Freemantle) in 1925 in Southmapton and died 1959 in Bournemouth, Dorset.

Son 3 Horace John Best born 3 July 1903 in Southampton died in 1974. He was in the merchant marine and was the one in South Africa

Son 1 Edwin Alfred Best born 19 May 1898, married May Louisa Margaret Jackson (1 May 1900 - Southampton) in 1924 in Southampton He did live in Canada but died in 1945 in Southampton.
Son 2 Leonard George Best born 2 Aug 1899 in Southampton, married Georgina C. Phillips (8 Aug 1897 - Freemantle) in 1925 in Southmapton and died 1959 in Bournemouth, Dorset.

Son 3 Horace John Best born 3 July 1903 in Southampton died in 1974. He was in the merchant marine and was the one in South Africa

Hi
My husband is the Great Grandson of Edwin Best and May Jackson. His mother is their Granddaughter and still alive at 92yrs old.
If you would like to swap info, pls feel free to contact me by email [email protected].

Back