Gerda Ulrika Dahlberg

What did Mrs. Gerda do for a living? What was she planning to do with her sister? Is she a women of kind? Does she want to have a child? Please anwser me.

What is Payton's problem...? She died in the sinking and her body wasn't recovered... How would anyone know what she was doing with her sister and if she wanted kids?!

Signe was my great-grandmother. She passed in the mid to late 80s at a nursing home in Lawton, MI. She had 2 sons, Arthur (my grandfather) who passed in 2000, and Carl (who passed in the 90s). My father has Gerda's ticket receipt somewhere.

Actually, Gerda's sister, Signe, my grandmother had three son's. Uncle Art was the oldest, my father, Martin Leonard was her second son, died in April 1974, and her youngest son Uncle Carl Magnus. Both Art and Carl died in the same nursing home in Lawton, Michigan in the mid to late 1990's.

Not sure why your father Richard hasn't told you about my father, Marty (Jr.). Your grandfather and his brother, my dad were very close and were both very diligent in taking care of Uncle Carl and grandma Signe. Just wanted to correct the record that Martin and Signe had three son's.
Arthur, Martin Jr, and Carl.

Gerda Ulrika Dahlberg was the sister of my grandmother, Signe Margaretta Dalberg.
Grandma Signe Dahlberg (Johnson) had three children (not 2), Arthur, Martin L. Johnson Jr. my father, and Carl.
Signe died at the Lawton, Michigan funeral home in 1985 as reported earlier.
After moving from Chicago to Covert Michigan with Martin Sr. and family, the Johnson's eventually settled in South Haven Michigan. Signe, as an LPN, opened the first nursing home in town, caring for about 8-10 person's at a time.
Her son's died in the same nursing home in Lawton, Art died in the late 90's, Carl died in the early 2000's and my father died in April 1974.

Back