Hileni Jabbur (Zabour)

Denise, there was no 'Lebanon' in 1912. All the passengers who are noted to be Syrian were indeed from Ottoman occupied Syria. Today, 99% of the villages and towns of these Arabic-speaking passengers are in the Lebanon that was created with the Sykes-Picot agreement when Britain and France decided that Greater Syria was theirs (self-nepotistic colonialism!) and divided it up and thus Lebanon was created.
This girl was Syrian and travelling with her sister. It is interesting to note that you give her origin as from Serhel. Are there family members in Serhel who can confirm this? From my research, I have the two sisters from another village. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Denise, there was no 'Lebanon' in 1912. All the passengers who are noted to be Syrian were indeed from Ottoman occupied Syria. Today, 99% of the villages and towns of these Arabic-speaking passengers are in the Lebanon that was created with the Sykes-Picot agreement when Britain and France decided that Greater Syria was theirs (self-nepotistic colonialism!) and divided it up and thus Lebanon was created.
This girl was Syrian and travelling with her sister. It is interesting to note that you give her origin as from Serhel. Are there family members in Serhel who can confirm this? From my research, I have the two sisters from another village. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
She is my grandmother's mom's sister-so my great great aunt..my grandmother is from akkar North Lebanon...she is now an Elias too..small world eh

Back