Johannes Halvorsen Kalvik

I remember seeing those pictures as a child. Vern Kalvig was my grandfather, and as a child I remember he sent me those in the mail when we were writing letters to each other (1973). I sent them back not knowing he wanted me to keep them. The picture above is my great-great grandfather. pactcg4@gmail is my email. Any communication with family in Norway would be appreciated. Did my great grandfather really find a large pearl near the river where he lived?

I remember seeing those pictures as a child. Vern Kalvig was my grandfather, and as a child I remember he sent me those in the mail when we were writing letters to each other (1973). I sent them back not knowing he wanted me to keep them. The picture above is my great-great grandfather. pactcg4@gmail is my email. Any communication with family in Norway would be appreciated. Did my great grandfather really find a large pearl near the river where he lived?

Dear Kerry!
I am the grandson of Nils Halleland, brother of Johannes. Somehow, you must have the wrong information; Johannes had no children, neither are there any descendants after his brother Godskalk. He died of disease, not long after Johannes died in the Titanic-sinking.
The house on the picture is now in my possession.
Your ancestry must come from another Johannes. I hope you will succeed in your search.
b rgds Nils Halleland.

Back