Speed and Revolutions

Hi Samuel
I have just read your article on "Speed and Revolutions". Quite an interesting article. There were two source citations that I was curious about. One was the "Harland & Wolff (H&W) Drawing Office Notebook for the Olympic". If you don't mind me asking, where did you manage to find this? I have heard of this before I think, is it the one that people sometimes refer to as Mr Andrews notebook. The second was "H&W Archives listing particulars for Olympic (400) and Titanic (401)". I'm not clear what this source is? Do you mean the Harland & Wolff collection at PRONI (Public Records Office of Northern Ireland)?

Kindest Regards

Richard

Hi Richard. Yes, the "Harland & Wolff (H&W) Drawing Office Notebook for the Olympic" is what some people call the Andrews Notebook. I received a copy from a colleague of mine in the Titanic research community. The "Particulars of ships built by H&W" is listed as from H&W Archives, Queens' Rd, Belfast BT3 9DU.

Hi there, I had a look at a number of notebooks for Harland & Wolff when I was at PRONI. Now that I think about it, I probably saw the one your talking about. Thanks for that.

Back