The Thayer Dreams

James Long

Hi all! James here. Just wanted to share with you a project I am working on. Over the past 5-7 months, I had dreams in which I spoke to John "Jack" Borland Thayer III (Jack Thayer). He has an amazing story that is filled with tragedy and heartbreak. The purpose of this book is to educate people about Jack Thayer, to understand his importance to us in the Titanic community, to educate people about mental health issues, and above all, to preserve Jack Thayer's legacy. Throughout the book, I will include what his story means to me, my reactions, etc. For those who wish to view my progress, here is the link. The Thayer Dreams

Hi all! James here. Just wanted to share with you a project I am working on. Over the past 5-7 months, I had dreams in which I spoke to John "Jack" Borland Thayer III (Jack Thayer). He has an amazing story that is filled with tragedy and heartbreak. The purpose of this book is to educate people about Jack Thayer, to understand his importance to us in the Titanic community, to educate people about mental health issues, and above all, to preserve Jack Thayer's legacy. Throughout the book, I will include what his story means to me, my reactions, etc. For those who wish to view my progress, here is the link. The Thayer Dreams

Hey, there!

Here's an excerpt of your dream:
It was an average night. My mother wished me goodnight and I fell asleep. I had school in the morning, and so I fell asleep quickly. I did not know the complicated events about to unfold were in order. I just went to bed.

I woke up. I was in a large room. I recognized it as Titanic's first class lounge. I saw a man in front of me, sitting in a chair. He was about 5 feet 10 inches tall, with jet black hair, a square jaw and warm brown eyes. He smiled when he saw me. When he spoke, his voice was pleasant, sounding like an adolescent on the verge of adulthood. I recognized him. Having studied the Titanic for a while, I recognized his face. He was Jack Thayer. I had so many questions to ask him, but he raised his hand.

J:Sit down. I quickly sat down in a chair in front of him. I am Jack Thayer smiling. It's been a while James.

If heart attacks existed in dreams, I would've had one right there and then.
Wow. Quite an experience with Jack Thayer. Please make a video on your book in the future. It will be riveting.

Dreams 1, 2, and 3 have been done. Dream 4 is being worked on.

Dreams 1, 2, and 3 have been done. Dream 4 is being worked on.

Great thing you did. I am particularly taken by one paragraph from your book:
I thought about how I could protect his legacy. After all, if I said I met Jack Thayer in a dream and he said to preserve his legacy, people would call me crazy. And so, I began to present myself as a descendant of Jack Thayer, a member of the Thayer family. It certainly wasn’t the right thing to do, but it was a necessary lie. I began to be sort of his “representative.” Resolutely, I began to preserve his legacy, Then, a week later, there was the third dream. What I saw in that dream stills haunts me. I woke up scarred for life, a changed man.

I am just curious, nothing personal here.

Back