Lightoller's pocket watch.

Hello everyone!.

Looking at images on Google I came across this pocket watch that belonged to 2nd Officer Charles Lightoller and was wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of this little watch today.

Thank you so much, since now.

Vanessa.

Attachments

• lightoller-pocket-watch-1.jpg
    lightoller-pocket-watch-1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 138
  • lightoller-pocket-watch-2.jpg
    lightoller-pocket-watch-2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 94
I am sorry to say that this watch is almost undoubtedly not Lightoller's.

He testified at the US Inquiry:

Senator SMITH. Of course you had a watch with you?
Mr. LIGHTOLLER. No, sir.
Senator SMITH. Did you have a watch in your room?
Mr. LIGHTOLLER. In my room; yes, sir.
Senator SMITH. Did you keep it or is it gone?
Mr. LIGHTOLLER. Oh, it is gone, sir.

The fact that it's not the watch he had on Titanic doesn't preclude the possibility that he owned this watch at some earlier or later time.

The fact that it's not the watch he had on Titanic doesn't preclude the possibility that he owned this watch at some earlier or later time.
Yes, of course, although it is shown with the hands "frozen" at 2:20am, like so many Titanic watches are, and so is clearly pitched to potential buyers as being from the disaster.

However, an analysis by Steve Santini, George Behe, Spencer Knarr, and Tad Fitch concluded that at best we should "doubt its authenticity" (Behe) and that it is "suspicious" (Fitch). At worst, it is "fake" (Santini and Knarr).

Yes, of course, although it is shown with the hands "frozen" at 2:20am, like so many Titanic watches are, and so is clearly pitched to potential buyers as being from the disaster.

However, an analysis by Steve Santini, George Behe, Spencer Knarr, and Tad Fitch concluded that at best we should "doubt its authenticity" (Behe) and that it is "suspicious" (Fitch). At worst, it is "fake" (Santini and Knarr).
Dan, do you know where I can find the analyses done by these people you mention?.

Back