A set of 3rd Class Cabins on G-Deck

Hello, everyone. I was looking at the deckplans on G-Deck, and I saw an area of 3rd class cabins from 251 to 260 isolated from the rest of the ship, hidden right behind the baggage holds. (The specific cabins are within the red outline.)
g-deck cabins.PNG

I have two questions about these specific questions.
1. Who was in each of these cabins during the voyage?
2. How did these cabins flood during the sinking?
Thanks.

Hello, everyone. I was looking at the deckplans on G-Deck, and I saw an area of 3rd class cabins from 251 to 260 isolated from the rest of the ship, hidden right behind the baggage holds. (The specific cabins are within the red outline.)
View attachment 75078
Thanks.
1. Daniel Buckley, and some friends
2. Pretty quickly, after the collision, he woke up and water already went up to his ankles

View attachment 75078
Thanks.
there was also a couple, Freza and Celiney Yasbeck

The way to access these cabins was by a stair down from "F" deck so to have water around your ankles it must have welled up from below via pipe ducts etc ,Danial Buckley also commented about returning down to his cabin to collect personnel items but decided not to as the water was lapping at the third step of the stairs It must have flooded very quickly as being approx. 30 feet up from the keel and also on the opposite side to the mail room also within that water tight compartment of the ship.

Back