A Window into Life The Story of the era of Titanic

Erik Wood

Hello All,

How are you all doing? I have my profile in the old introduce yourself folder but I have come to a point in my life where I want to write my own book about how Titanic met her end and about the era she was built and why so many died. So I am starting now. I would love any advice that all could give if you would like I will up date you via email with additions I already have the prologe and the beginings of the first chapter. Would still love your input especially from those who know a lot about Astor and the First Class Passengers and well as those in Second Class. I am a techincal man and a sea Captain by trade. So in a way I want to tell a sailors eyes version of what happened. Thanks for any help.

Erik

Erik:
Besides all the obvious Titanic books, here's a suggestion. ANTR author Walter Lord also wrote "The Good Years," subtitled "From 1900 to the First World War." I picked it up awhile back but skipped to other things and never have finished it yet, but it looks like a good one to get a flavor for the times.
Pat Cook will tell you to read Lawrence Beesley's "The Loss of the S.S. Titanic." I second that nomination.
Both are available at reasonable prices, the latter as a reprint.

I really enjoy to hear from people who want to write books about the Titanic.I´ve done a lot of research myself,especially on Thomas Andrews.If you should have any questions concerning him or his work,you can ask me at:[email protected]
Serena

Serena,

Thank You and I will if you would like I will send you the 12 pages that I have written and rewritten. I have very little on Thomas Andrews and would love any extra insight but I will emial you with some specific questions.

Erik

Back