Actor Redmond Phillips from A Night to Remember

I am trying to work out which actors played which characters in this film. I know that Redmond Phillips character was Mr Hoyle but I can't work out where he is in the film Can anyone help ?

Aydan. I may be able to help you a little. A little backwards, but it may work. First, check The internet Movie Data Base:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0051994

You can find out who played what. If you can't figure out who this character is, check and see if you recognize any other movies he played in. It appears he did work until 1985. Once you get a visual on what he looks like, you can go back through the movie and specifically look for him.
Good luck to you and may I be the first to welcome you to the board!
Colleen

Yes, welcome Aydan! I look forward to your posts!

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Hi Aydan,
I'm a close relative of the late Redmond Phillips.
Although it is several years since I saw 'A Night to Remember', I recall that he had a small role in a card pool, and he/they took to the lifeboats very early, possibly before the women and children. I hope that helps you.
Erhufan

Hello Ian,

Welcome aboard. Please note that this thread is over 5 years old and Aydan is no longer a member of the message board. Therefore, he more than likely will not see your message.

Redmond Phillips is listed as "Mr. Hoyle", in the group playing cards in the gentlemen's smoking room.

"Mr. Hoyle : [seeing the list the ship has taken on, when he observes the contents of his drinking glass are at an angle] I don't know if you gentlemen have noticed it, but, uh, this ship has
got quite a list on it now. That's not right."

-http://us.imdb.com/character/ch0002404/quotes

Though clearly not based on either, 'Hoyle' later takes the place of Charles Stengel or Abraham Saloman in lifeboat 1 alongside 'Sir Richard' and his lady: "Evening, ma'am. I guess this is the best place to be." Along with that other gambler who asserts "I've never been a good loser, I intend to get into a boat" Hoyle represents the less gentlemanly element among the male 1st Class passengers. Redmond Phillips was well known to British TV viewers back in the '60s, with numerous castings in most of the popular drama series. The face was always familiar, if not the name!

Back