Additional new Suites on Olympic

On the Olympic she received extra suites on her promenade deck. I am not talking about the two simalar suites (or the ones near the forward bay of the Reading & Writing Rm) that were added to Titanic where Thomas Andrews and Francis Browne occupied but additional suites along the starboard side of the promenade. The entrance/corirdor to these suites is near the entrance to the starboard stateroom that was added in 1913, post Titanic refit. I Think (I don't have my deckplans handy)) these suites were added in 1928 and there are about four or five of them steching out in that long aclove forward along were the engine hatchway is. What style are these staterooms? Are they in the style of the forward ones that were added later as well to modernise the Olympic in her later life?

Regards,

Nigel

Nigel,

Excellent question! It is also one that eludes many, as I do not believe there are any known photographs of these added suites. However, I have read a few brief descriptions of the suites and from the descriptions I have gathered they were furnished and decorated in a combination of the Edwardian and Tudor styling.

Best Regards,

Brian

Hi!

I hadn't noticed this thread. While I don't recall any specific sources in my archive, Brian's suggestion certainly seems plausible. Daniel Klistorner's our interior expert.

Best regards,

Mark.

Hi,

I was preparing something for this thred but then forgot all about it! I haven't seen any pics of these cabins, and I only have descriptions. These cabins had those metal beds that were painted white, and a carved paneling that was also painted. It's been a while since I looked into it, but I don't remember reading anything recognisable. I assume they would have been of a differnt style to what was installed in 1911. I don't think they were the same styles as the 1928 B deck cabins either.

Daniel.

Back