Another Fox Movie Using Titanic Model & Sets

We know that Fox used the "Titanic" model in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" after altering it to resemble the Queen Mary, and also used some of "Titanic's" sets. Also, we learned that some of the model footage and the sets were used again in "Dangerous Crossing". Now I find a third Fox movie released in August, 1953 that used one shot of the three-funneled version of the model at night and many of the sets, including the ship's pool board sold at the 1971 Fox auction. The movie is "A Blueprint for Murder" starring Joseph Cotten and Jean Peters. You can view this movie at www.hulu.com. Click on "movies alphabetical" and the name. The shipbord scenes are near the end of the movie. Robert H. Gibbons

I believe it was also used in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" (1964) .At least the Grand Staircase set(in color) ? Also (I would have to look at again) but I believe the lifeboat scene used the sinking scene from Titanic (1953)....It looked as if they had tinted the black and white in dark blue in the background .

Stock footage of the "Titanic" model striking the iceberg and sinking was used in the "Time Tunnel" and footage of the "Titanic" model going to sea for the first time was used in the titles of the movie "Syrens". I think some of "Unsinkable Molly Brown" was from "A Night to Remember" but I would have to run the film to see. Robert H. Gibbons

Debbie Reynolds told me when she was performing in Branson about 10 years ago that MGM had budgeted a million dollars for the sinking scenes in "Unsinkable Molly Brown" but had to divert the money to pay debts the studio had incurred in the production of Doctor Zhavago in Europe. The only Titanic scenes were one of her on a deck with ice thrown at her feet and one in a lifeboat in the studio tank. There was stock footage used for the sinking. I have always wanted to see a script with the original sinking scenes described. Robert H. Gibbons

Back