News Antiques Roadshow expert emotional as he uncovers value of Titanic postcard: 'Powerful'

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
Antiques Roadshow visited the National Maritime Museum in Falmouth where visitors flooded in to value their most precious possessions. During the programme, expert Adam Schoon examined what looked like an ordinary postcard. Upon closer inspection, the auctioneer discovered it had been written by a passenger onboard the Titanic before it sank in 1912.

I'm always amazed how these things keep popping up after so long. Hartleys violin being one of the more remarkable finds after so long. Cheers.
There's more than a few in the Titanic community who are very sceptical about the supposed authenticity of that violin.

The same goes for the much sobbed over pair of baby shoes that were purported to have been found on the body of The Unknown Child/Sidney Goodwin. Highly unlikely to have been his.

There's more than a few in the Titanic community who are very sceptical about the supposed authenticity of that violin.

The same goes for the much sobbed over pair of baby shoes that were purported to have been found on the body of The Unknown Child/Sidney Goodwin. Highly unlikely to have been his.
Well it's not a bad thing to be skeptical about things. There are always scammers but I've haven't heard that about the violin before. I had thought the so called experts had confirmed it. But who knows. Cheers.

Back