Bermuda Triangle expedition with David Bright

Hello Mark,
Thank you for the plug. Within a week of my return from a scientific research diving expedition to RMS Titanic, I was out again on the high seas in Florida leading a large underwater expert team looking for a lost wreck in the area known as the Bermuda Triangle. Despite the metaphysical stigma of the Bermuda Triangle, this discovery/exploration underwater expedition was purely science and was looking specifically for the lost search and rescue aircraft known as a Martin Mariner PBM-5. This large aircraft was sent out after the five missing Avengers on December 5th, 1945 and like the missing Avengers was never found again. I was contracted out by NBC News Productions to try to find this missing Mariner in collaboration with the United States Naval Historical Center at the Washington Naval Yard, the Glenn Martin Museum and the historian for the Mariner/Marlin Association. Utilizing two research vessels and twenty scientists, divers and underwater experts using the very latest in technology, we spent a week scouring the ocean floor based upon the United States Navy's official report and transcripts of the hearing into the disappearance of six Navy aircraft and 27 airmen that tragic day. There was over four months of intensive research by the team and I was given complete access to Naval records that were never before seen by the public. Until NBC aired the two-hour documentary, we were sworn contractually to confidentiality; however after the documentary was shown last month, initially on the Sci Fi Channel and then on MSNBC ( http://www.scifi.com/trianglesecrets/ ) with host Lester Holt to very high ratings, I can now divulge all the novel science and technology that was utilized on this expedition. Starting this week, we will be running a series of web log articles about the details of this expedition on the web log (blog) called Shipwrecks at http://shipwreck.blogs.com and will be letting everyone know about the science,the unique technology and the outcomes of this wonderful adventure.

Back