Britannic Sinking Account Compilation

It's just what the title says. I have compiled every account of Britannic's sinking I could find, including some I believe have not been published. It took a lot of searching through online newspaper archives to find those! My ultimate goal is to compile source material (from official documents like logs to personal reminiscences like letters) covering Britannic's entire career and publish them, so if you feel you have something you can contribute to help achieve that goal, please do so, it will be very appreciated!

It's just what the title says. I have compiled every account of Britannic's sinking I could find, including some I believe have not been published. It took a lot of searching through online newspaper archives to find those! My ultimate goal is to compile source material (from official documents like logs to personal reminiscences like letters) covering Britannic's entire career and publish them, so if you feel you have something you can contribute to help achieve that goal, please do so, it will be very appreciated!

My great-uncle, James Holland Walker, served on the Britannic for most of the Gallipoli campaign coordinating the recovery of wounded troops from the beaches back to Britannic on her motor launches. However, I am unsure whether he was still on board when she sank. Have you (or has anyone else) got access to the relevant crew list?

My great-uncle, James Holland Walker, served on the Britannic for most of the Gallipoli campaign coordinating the recovery of wounded troops from the beaches back to Britannic on her motor launches. However, I am unsure whether he was still on board when she sank. Have you (or has anyone else) got access to the relevant crew list?
Hello,

This is the most extensively researched list of those aboard when Britannic sank. Regrettably, I could not find a Walker.

Hello,

This is the most extensively researched list of those aboard when Britannic sank. Regrettably, I could not find a Walker.

Hello thanks for posting this confirmation. Much appreciated.

Back