Building Titanic Model 1:250.

derek byrne

Just received the first two kits of the Die-Cast Club 1:250 Titanic model. Excited to get started but it will take about two years to complete. Anyone else doing the build?

This is the first I'm hearing about this kit. Very interesting to say the least! I'm currently working on the Trumpeter 1:200 scale kit, which has been put on a temporary hold as I work my way through a 1:12 scale dollhouse for a special young lady recently added to my flock.

I will be investigating this die-cast kit as a possible distraction in the near future.

Have you a blog or something, for those of us who are interested in following along with your adventure?

I don't have plans for a blog as I am not very tech-savy. I built the Minicraft 1:350 a couple of years ago. Picture attached. I will certainly post pictures as the model progresses. Good luck with your projects.

Attachments

• 20200519_235254.jpg
    20200519_235254.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 291
Just received the first two kits of the Die-Cast Club 1:250 Titanic model. Excited to get started but it will take about two years to complete. Anyone else doing the build?
Hello, new here.

I've pre-ordered the Agora kit. I think it's the Hachette Titanic. 1/200 die-cast with loads of special features. Engine detail, smoke, full lighting, etc.

I hope it's ok for me to link to products in this forum?

Looks like the sub also will take about 2 years to run its course. I'm actually more excited about the magazine collection it includes.

I think the Eaglemoss 1/250 is planked hull. Way above my shipbuilding skill level unfortunately. The Agora one is all die-cast, like their amazing Bismarck kit.

Hope to have plenty of time to explore this encyclopedia site so that I can get all the details right. I joined here so that I can get those incredible deck plans!

BTW Derek I did the Eaglemoss BTTF Delorean and it is awesome. So you should have great expectations for their Titanic as well.

-drsamurai

This is the first I'm hearing about this kit. Very interesting to say the least! I'm currently working on the Trumpeter 1:200 scale kit, which has been put on a temporary hold as I work my way through a 1:12 scale dollhouse for a special young lady recently added to my flock.

I will be investigating this die-cast kit as a possible distraction in the near future.

Have you a blog or something, for those of us who are interested in following along with your adventure?
Dear Joe,

I am working on the Trumpeter Titanic, too. I started in November 2020 and just installeed the officers deckhouse - so in a way real Harland and Wolff was faster than me... but I am a working father of two wonderfull little girls (I know the dollhouse thing... just build a replica of our village church LOL) and my shipyard has only one shift... night LOL.
I thought the model to be quite acurate at first, but when you start researching and digging into it you found a lot to improve and to scratch-build - which now is most of the fun for me. If you would like to exchange experiences or ideas I would be happy to hear from you. ([email protected])

Best wishes from Germany, Martin

Back