C Deck Dining Room for Valets and personal Maids

Hello, all! My name is Evgueni, I've been a rivet counter since the age of five (Thank you, "SOS Titanic," haha) but a first time poster on this wonderful site. Hope you'll come to like me! :)

So, I was wondering, are there any surviving menus for the dining room for the personal maids and valets of first class passengers that was located on C deck? Or do we at least have a general idea of what was served?

Thank you so much in advance! =)

Hallo, Evgueni, and welcome to the forum. The maids' and valets' saloon was served from the 1st/2nd Class kitchen. I don't know for sure, but I think it very likely that they were provided with the standard 2nd Class menu. That would fit in with their expectations, as servants traveling with their employers but 'not wanted on voyage' (like cooks and chauffeurs) were almost always booked into 2nd Class.

I know this is an old thread. But say if the valets and other servants made friends with other first class passengers and invited them to lunch would the 1st class passengers be allowed in this salloon or no. I know its unlikely that a friendship would occur but if it were the case would it be allowed.

Back