Charles Henry Pascoe

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have recently discovered the name CH Pascoe on the crew list of the Titanic. Born in Perran Porth, Cornwall. Does anybody have any more details, as he could be a relation of mine. My grandfather and Father and I all went to sea, and all born on Cornwall. However, the name Pascoe is as common as Dai in Wales. Any information would be great. Capt John Pascoe.

ANY information on a Charles H. Pascoe - Able Body Seaman, aboard H.M.S. Titanic. Please e-mail me at: [email protected] Strongly suspect this man may be my grandfather. Would be greatful for any help. All record of this man after sinking of Titanic is non-existant in England.

Help Needed!

Kirk W. Pascoe
Sudbury, Ontario

Seeking any information on "Charles H. Pascoe" Able Body Seaman - Titanic. Records state he was most likely in life boat # 8. Stronly suspect this man and my grandfather are the same man for the following reasons;

Both were born around the same time (1868)
Both came from Cornwall, England.
Both were seaman by trade.
Both have the same name - Charles H. Pascoe
No goverment documents relating to Charles H. Pascoe in England after 1912, same year my grandfather came to Canada.

PLEASE! Anyone out there with any info on this chap PLEASE e-mail me at: [email protected]

Many thanks....!

Kirk W. Pascoe

All I could find here on ET was a short piece on an Able bodied seaman by that name. Nothing about any ancestors or decendants I'm afraid. Perhaps one of our chums who researches passengers and crew can help you out when they come back from whatever they're up to on a weekend.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standar

This crew member survived in lifeboat 8 but what happened to him afterward?
I wonder if he may be the Charles H Pascoe born Perran (complete name Perranuthnoe, near Helston) Cornwall c1868?
Does anyone have any ideas on his life before or after Titanic, it seems strange that his biography on ET is so brief considering he was a survivor.
By all means Email me direct if you have any thoughts/clues as I don't regularly visit the message board.
Thanks
Steve
(Devon/Cornwall passenger/crew researcher)

According to His Biography, he is indeed the person born in Perran in 1868.

Don't be surprised if the biographies at times tend to be a little skimpy. Research is on-going to learn more, but these people weren't out to "make" history and were scarcely concerned with their place in it. They just wanted to get on with their lives in peace.

Hello Steve,

I thought it was you that provided the information on Pascoe being born in Cornwall in 1868 for the ET biography? If so, are you now thinking this might be a mistaken identification?

I'm not able to assist in your enquiry, but am interested in the deck crew, so had noticed your name on Pascoe's page.

Michael, Fiona and David
Thank you all for your swift replies.
David in particular, your notes are just what I needed but for completeness do you know which parish the birth & christening took place? The 1871 census shows his birthplace as Breage and 1881 as Perran.
Since posting the original message I have brought together quite a bit on his early life/family and as soon as you reply will be ready to add an article to his biography page.
Thanks
Steve

steve, i live in cornwall, so i'm interested in the cornish passengers and crew. i dont know if you need any help but if theres anything i can do to help you in your research just let me know as i love doing it.

Unsure whether the first post was entered as I'm expericing problems by posting a message. If the first failed, then here's a rough guide on what I said early.

Steve, welcome to the Board and a Happy New Year!

If you need assistance's then I can put you in touch with someone privately from that area of the woods. She deals and specializes mainly with a lot of the families from that area of Cornwall and Devon. She might, depending on how lucky you are, offer you some useful tips!

Please inform!

Andrew W.

Back