Can you help? Could Marconi's wireless have caused an additional deviation in the ship's compass, more than the usual North South, East West Deviation?

Could Marconi's wireless transmissions have caused an additional deviation in the ship's compass, more than the usual north south, east west deviation?
The reason I ask is, I came across testimony during the British Wreck Commissioner's Inquiry, where it was briefly mentioned that the ship's compass was slightly off.
Admittedly, it is unclear if the compass or navigational calculations had already taken into account the expected deviation following the southern track.
I've also read up on different Marconi reading sources, one of which cited Marconi's flat denial that his wireless transmissions could interfere with other ships transmissions or navigation, whilst at least one other source states that the wireless onboard the Titanic interfered with other ships' transmissions within the vicinity of the Titanic.
I appreciate that a wireless transmitter would ordinarily have to be located pretty close to the compass to have an electromagnetic impact. However, compared to todays transmitters, Marconi had installed his best, most powerful set to date, on the Titanic with what looks like a 4 wire aerial suspended high above the boat deck, in relative proximity to the compass tower amidships.
As I am not very technically skilled or knowledged in this field, I would appreciate some of your expert advice on this.

Many thanks.

Kate

Back