Could they have installed the rear gantry davits without raising the 3rd class smoke room and at what point where those gantry planned in the design?

Hello, I wonder if they had to raise that part of the ship for the davits if they were able to install them on the boat deck "normally" and at what point were they planned,after or before the sinking? I wonder if the britannic was done without the titanic sinking, it'd keep its welin davits since it still uture proofed the ship in a way at that point.
2821ed661c76ae45e31401a935131720.jpg
Thanks for your answers!

The gantry davits appear to have been an answer to the Titanic disaster just as the addition of additional wooden lifeboats and collapsibles on Olympic. If the disaster hadn’t happened I think you would have seen the same 16 wooden lifeboats under Welin davits on all three ships.

so if one wanted to do a march/april 1912 britannic, they'd be better off simply modyfing a titanic kit and keeping then normal davits (not sure if the breadth difference would be visible at 1/700 scale).

We really don’t know what changes they might have made in Britannic. It might have had the modified A and B deck modified windows and probably ventilator changes.

Back