David Warner has just passed on.

N Alison

David Warner who was in two Titanic films, SOS Titanic (1979) where he played real-life second class passenger Lawrence Beesley and in Titanic (1997) where he played fictional valet Spicer Lovejoy has just been confirmed to have passed on at age 80. RIP.

He was a brilliant actor and not just in the Titanic movies. Sad news to hear, may he rest in peace.

Thanks for letting us know.

I have not seen SOS Titanic 1979 but want to.
Here you go: S.O.S. Titanic (1979) Full Movie | M4uHD
There are two versions; this one is the unedited U.S. TV version at 144 minutes, the edited European version was only 103 minutes.

David Warner was also in Tron (1982), Tron: The Next Day and the ITV miniseries Hornblower, as Captain James Sawyer of HMS Renown.

Last edited:
May he rest in peace. David Warner was a great actor. I always liked his character Lovejoy in Titanic (1997). I’ve always been glad James Cameron removed that horrible fight scene in the first class dining room so that Lovejoy’s character wasn’t needlessly demonized.

That too bad. Always liked his movies. He could play a good guy or a bad guy equally well. Always liked him in The Omen and the Time Machine remake in the 70's.

I always thought of him more as a sympathetic type than a villain because of his great performance as Beesley in "SOS Titanic" and also as Bob Cratchit in the George C. Scott version of "A Christmas Carol."

Here you go: S.O.S. Titanic (1979) Full Movie | M4uHD
There are two versions; this one is the unedited U.S. TV version at 144 minutes, the edited European version was only 103 minutes.

David Warner was also in Tron (1982), Tron: The Next Day and the ITV miniseries Hornblower, as Captain James Sawyer of HMS Renown.
Thanks for posing the link. Have only seen clips from it. Will download it to watch later. Cheers.

Just watched it yesterday. A decent adaptation at that. He was pretty solid in his role. It is nice to see the second class get some attention. I think he did well in both SOS Titanic 1979 and Titanic 1997. A solid actor all around. Thank you for sharing the link.

Back