Do any White Star Line ship still exist today

The title is pretty self explanatory. I'm sure if any are they're enjoying their retirement in a marine museum somewhere (like the Olympic should have been.)

The tender Nomadic is the only surviving ships that was purely White Star. She's tied up in Paris, where she was a floating restaurant for a time. There's a long thread on this site about her survival chances.

Could somebody say if Queen Mary ever flew the White Star pennant during the early years after Cunard and White Star combined? I've always thought of her as Cunard, but I may be wrong.

Dave---

All Cunard White Star ships flew both flags from 1934 through the end of 1949. On the ships that originated with White Star, the White Star burgee was flown above the Cunard house flag; on those which originated with Cunard or (like QM) entered service after the merger, the Cunard flag was higher.

After 1 January 1950, even the remaining White Star ships (Britannic and Georgic) flew the Cunard flag above the White Star burgee. The one piece of this that I'm not sure of is what the rest of the Cunard fleet did from 1950 on. I believe, but have never confirmed, that as a general rule the rest of the fleet flew only the Cunard flag.

Dave...

when you say "purely White Star" do you mean she only sailed under the White Star Line and never under the Cunard/White Star merger or do you mean she's the last surviving ship built and operated by White Star before the merger?

Whichever he meant, both are true. By the time of the merger, Nomadic was under other ownership; she was never part of Cunard White Star, although she continued to service Cunard White Star ships, among others, at Cherbourg. And, except for those at the bottom of the sea, she's the only vessel built for the White Star Line that's still in existence.

http://www.greatships.net/nomadic.html

Back