Do we know what speeds Bartlett gave for the Port and starboard engines during the sinking?

Was reading that Capt. Bartlett ordered for the portside engine to be driven at a higher speed than the starboard (due to the list to starboard).
But do know what specific speeds they were?

Thanks!

But do know what specific speeds they were?
The engineers, commanded by chief engineer Robert Flemming (who was Olympic's chief engineer after Joseph Bell was stationed at Belfast), would have decreased the revolutions of the starboard side reciprocating engine to accomplish that. If there are any accounts from any of the engineers, of which unlike her older sister ship all engineering officers' got off the ship (with chief engineer Fleming even staying on-board till the very end until captain Bartlett, assistant captain Dyke and himself were washed from the bridge), can be found we might can get our answers on it.

In the meanwhile, I'll search for any evidence for you my friend.

The engineers, commanded by chief engineer Robert Flemming (who was Olympic's chief engineer after Joseph Bell was stationed at Belfast), would have decreased the revolutions of the starboard side reciprocating engine to accomplish that. If there are any accounts from any of the engineers, of which unlike her older sister ship all engineering officers' got off the ship (with chief engineer Fleming even staying on-board till the very end until captain Bartlett, assistant captain Dyke and himself were washed from the bridge), can be found we might can get our answers on it.

In the meanwhile, I'll search for any evidence for you my friend.
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Thanks, I really appreciate it!
Hello my friend,

I asked our mutual friend Jake Billingham on the matter of the speed. He told me that before the mine ignition she was sailing at about 20 knots and that due to the reduced population due to the shutting down the starboard reciprocating engine was properly reduced to about 10 to 12 knots which would gradually have become slower and slower due to the intake of water.

Back