Engine room plans

Bill West

Came across 2 new sources online at www.Archive.org/details/texts. The quick, easy flip book format can be viewed weakly but otherwise you have to download the big PDF.

A Manual of Marine Engineering, A. E. Seaton, item link, pg 98 & 99.
Marine Engineer magazine, vol 33 July 1911. Plans on pg 447 & 449, lots of description on pgs 416-417 & 440-451. Other building news is spread back to at least vol 31.

Some info was new to me but likely has been seen before. Seaton gives quite a bit of piping, Engineer shows some ventilation and ID’s the pumps. The online access will be nice for others not already having deep resources.

Bill

The site is a nice one, found many other engine room plans on it. i have many builders plans and other engine room plans and i will be willing trade plans with any one who has plans of engine rooms (for other ships or the "engineering" piping plan for the engine room) only scans no paper plans. Thanks- Tom

Hi to all! I actually just found the pages in Seaton's book, still looking if there is any specifics in his manual about Olympics engines, boilers, etc. I downloaded "Manual of Marine Engineering" through Google e-books.

Back