FRED Film - The Untold True Story of RMS Titanic Lookout Frederick Fleet

FredFleet_R&D

Johnny Marchetta
Hi all, i'd like to introduce a film project i'm working on which aims to tell tragic story of Frederick Fleet - Titanic's lookout who spotted the iceberg.

Predominantly set in 1965 Southampton. We meet Fred a solemn man in his late seventies. From the off, we see Fred burying his late wife, Eva. With no friends and little family he lives with his brother in law, Philip, who today tells Fred he has to move out. Philip, an eerie unlikeable character, makes it clear Fred is no longer welcome at the house. With his looming rejection only days away, Fred is thrust back into a state of constant flash backs and unwanted memories.

Through these flashbacks, we learn Fred was a lookout onboard the RMS titanic and the first to spot the iceberg that fatally struck. Memories from that night and the chaotic aftermath trigger a severe mental illness in Fred. PTSD.

Pushing these thoughts to the back of his mind, Fred makes one last attempt to rekindle an estranged relationship with his daughter Dorothy. With a husband who works for long hours, two young children and managing a busy house, she doesn’t hide the fact she has little time for her father. Fred exchanges pleasantries for a short while before realising he’s outstayed his welcome; he says his goodbyes and makes a quick getaway.

The film culminates with Fred’s flashbacks and pressing trauma growing stronger and more vivid by the hour, finally forcing Fred to the point of no return and him making a devastatingly sad decision.

Find out more at Fred - The Film

Hi all, i'd like to introduce a film project i'm working on which aims to tell tragic story of Frederick Fleet - Titanic's lookout who spotted the iceberg.

Predominantly set in 1965 Southampton. We meet Fred a solemn man in his late seventies. From the off, we see Fred burying his late wife, Eva. With no friends and little family he lives with his brother in law, Philip, who today tells Fred he has to move out. Philip, an eerie unlikeable character, makes it clear Fred is no longer welcome at the house. With his looming rejection only days away, Fred is thrust back into a state of constant flash backs and unwanted memories.

Through these flashbacks, we learn Fred was a lookout onboard the RMS titanic and the first to spot the iceberg that fatally struck. Memories from that night and the chaotic aftermath trigger a severe mental illness in Fred. PTSD.

Pushing these thoughts to the back of his mind, Fred makes one last attempt to rekindle an estranged relationship with his daughter Dorothy. With a husband who works for long hours, two young children and managing a busy house, she doesn’t hide the fact she has little time for her father. Fred exchanges pleasantries for a short while before realising he’s outstayed his welcome; he says his goodbyes and makes a quick getaway.

The film culminates with Fred’s flashbacks and pressing trauma growing stronger and more vivid by the hour, finally forcing Fred to the point of no return and him making a devastatingly sad decision.

Find out more at Fred - The Film

What sort of budget do you need for a Film like this?

And when is the expected release date?

Best regards

Andy

The website seems to have expired, the project too?
There was a time before, I had looked
and see there was a participatory prize pool to finance the project which did'nt reach its goal,
but for a starting smaller project, like short film or by episodes, what budget needed?
(with others episodes that could also be on others passengers with links to Fleet,
others who survived and choose to suicide too, and/or others from the crow nest/ crew/ passengers ...etc..)

Hope you still keep on the project.
Give us news and little steps.

Back