Gertrud Emilia Klasén

Gertrud Emilia was not the sister of Klas Albin Klasén. The little girl was instead the illegitimate daughter of his sister (the father unkown, according to the records), Alice Ester Amanda Klasson, who had emigrated to USA March 27th 1911. I have not yet found out where and under what circumstances Alice Ester Amanda lived in the USA, although I'm every now and then looking into it, as the family are distant relatives of mine.

.Alice Klasen married Emil Peter Edwards in Los Angeles on 29 July, 1911. His parents were Peter and Hannah Löfqvist and they were Hulda Kristina Klasén's (she travelled with Klas Albin and Gertrud Emilia) parents, so the families knew each other without a doubt. Alice and Emil had two sons; Herbert (born around 1920) and Leonard (about 1930). Emil, born 14 October 1878, died in California on 8 September, 1942. Alice remarried on 24 September, 1944, this time in Orange, California. Her new husband was a John Wilford Keiser. Alice Klasen Edwards Keiser passed away in Los Angeles on 8 March, 1966. Unfortunately, only Gertrud's mother's name is mentioned in the birth index. My guess is that her father was Emil Peter Löfquist/Edwards, since he married Gertrud's mother Alice very shortly after their arrival in the USA; they must have known each other before they came to the USA and subsequently I believe chances are good that he in fact was Gertrud's father (there is often no ''e'' in ''Gertrud'' in Swedish).

Back