Good-Bye, Good Luck - The Biography of William Murdoch by Susanne Stormer

AMIsaac

I have a copy of this book for sale, signed and numbered. I bought it when the movie first came out as I was very intrigued by Murdoch and wanted to get more insight into him. Its a lovely book and in near perfect condition. I'd rather it go to someone who will enjoy it than just throw it on Ebay or something. I'm not sure which number it is (I'm at work as I'm posting this) but if you are interested please contact me via message and I can send you pictures, discuss price, etc. Thank you!

More information about the book I have for sale: This is a SIGNED and NUMBERED (245 of 500) copy of the book, Good-Bye, Good Luck, The Biography of William McMaster Murdoch, the First Officer of the Titanic. There were only 500 of these books in print and there is a large demand for this book. Additionally included is the "Mistakes and Misprints" half sheet as well as a Titanic Emphera Collection postcard from Onslow's, a pamphlet from the British Titanic Society. I will send photographs upon request. ONLY SERIOUS COLLECTORS AND BUYERS PLEASE.

I'm VERY interested in buying it, unless you've already sold it of course! I'm serious and very interested in Murdoch and his life. How much to you want for it? What kind of condition is it in?

This book is very hard to find these days, but is well worth getting if you can track down a copy. Stormer gives a lot of interesting details about Murdoch's earlier career and life. Along with Inger Sheil's new Lowe biography, "Titanic Valour," and Stenson's Lightoller biography, it very highly recommended.

All my best,
Tad

I have a copy of Goodbye, Good Luck The Biography of William McMaster Murdoch. It is signed and numbered. I have copy 245. Only 500 of these books in existence. Only serious buyers please. Book is in near mint condition. I am the original and only owner of the book.

I have a copy of Goodbye, Good Luck The Biography of William McMaster Murdoch. It is signed and numbered. I have copy 245. Only 500 of these books in existence. Only serious buyers please. Book is in near mint condition. I am the original and only owner of the book.

Hello there,

do you still have the copy by any Chance? And how much do you want for it?

Best wishes
Jeanie

Hello there,

do you still have the copy by any Chance? And how much do you want for it?

Best wishes
Jeanie
I do! I never got any bites on it. I bought the book when the movie first came out as I was absolutely obsessed with Murdoch's story. It is a great read and a wonderful, rare piece of history. I did some digging trying to find what it would be and I found a copy on Ebay for 316.00 USD (attached screenshot)

I could go 250.00 USD?
1601068815881.png

Hey, thanks for answering so fast.

How much in Euros?
250 USD would be 215 € says the translator :D

What About 200 € + your shipping Costs,?

Are there any extra customs?
I think extra Costs for customs can be avoided by filling the custom form CN 22 . One just has to state the Prize on the form at max. 40 €

Hi Jeanie, that sounds like a very fair deal. Let me check with the post office to see about what it takes to send something overseas, as I have honestly never done it before! I think it might be safer to do like International FedEx rather than try to trust the US Post Office? Let me know your thoughts on the matter and I will start doing some checking on my end for shipping. Thank you!

Angela Isaac

That great.

Is there by any Chance a DHL post Office near you? DHL is very safe and uncomplicated.

I´ve checked the Prize for a max. 2 kg package from Germany to USA with extra tracking number option and it would cost 15,89 €.
Additionally to this, you just Need to fill the CN 22 form for customs, because when you fill he CN 23 I´ll Need to pay extra customs for the custom Office.

To avoid stealing and other Problems, I think it would be best to fill in:

Gift
content: book
weight: 0,5 kg
value: 25,00 €/or USD

Everything else, exept date and signature, can stay void.

Attachments

• CN22.png
    CN22.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20200930_131043[1].jpg
    IMG_20200930_131043[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
That´great.

Is there by any Chance a DHL post Office near you? DHL is very safe and uncomplicated.

I´ve checked the Prize for a max. 2 kg package from Germany to USA with extra tracking number option and it would cost 15,89 €.
Additionally to this, you just Need to fill the CN 22 form for customs, because when you fill he CN 23 I´ll Need to pay extra customs for the custom Office.

To avoid stealing and other Problems, I think it would be best to fill in:

Gift
content: book
weight: 0,5 kg
value: 25,00 €/or USD

Everything else, exept date and signature, can stay void.

Greetings!
I have looked for a DHL office - I am in a rural area and do not see a DHL office near us - the closest is over one hour drive. Does FedEx deliver to where you are?

Greetings!
I have looked for a DHL office - I am in a rural area and do not see a DHL office near us - the closest is over one hour drive. Does FedEx deliver to where you are?

Hello :)

We have just a handful of FedEx stations in Germany, so that would be very problematic when I´m not at home because of work.

What About UPS?

Back