Gym Equipment and Kitchen Electrical Appliances

Does anyone know the location of any of the original gym equipment from the Titanic, Olympic or even the recreated gym equipment from the movie?

Also, I'd love to find out more about any electrical kitchen appliances from the kitchens of the Titanic or Olympic that are in exhibitions/home collections.

Finally does anyone know of any other pieces of quirky electrical equipment of the period that were/may have been on board?

Many thanks!

Hi Johnny. With regards the gym equipment, I don't know of anything that has been recovered from the wreck. Robert Ballard filmed through the gym windows in about 1986 and took a photo of the handle that operated the mechanical camel (I think it was the camel), There is a photo in one of my titanic books, I can't remember which one, that shows the remains of the one of the bicycles and you can just make out one of the pedals amongst all the gunk. The gym roof has all but collapsed into the room now, so anything in there still is getting buried by the ceiling. the whole room is sagging badly down into A Deck and in pics taken in 2001 it was very badly collapsing....that was 9 years ago....goodness knows what it is like now.

Back