Highly detailed Titanic model?

Brendan

Hello,

I am on the hunt for a highly detailed RMS titanic model from a European Manufacturer. Something similar to this model... which was used in a movie so its certainly out of my budget. All the ones I have seen lack the historical accuracy. Advice and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• titanic15.jpg
    titanic15.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,121
Mantua do a very nice 200 scale kit Quite expensive (around £800) I am almost finished constructing one. The shelf is 120cms.

Attachments

• 20180731_095547 (2).jpg
    20180731_095547 (2).jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 1,895
The bigger the scale the better the details. I've bought the Billing Boats 1/144 one (quite expensive too). The kit is correct in size but lacks a lot of details. At this scale it's possible to add them but to stay on scale they're quite small. For example if you want to do the planking of the desks (which i'm doing) , each strip is .9 mm wide. Time consuming work...

I used to have a Titanic back when i was 7 years old, i think it was my great-nans but not sure, i ended up getting it but i don't know where it went, that was years ago. a few months ago i saw some models in a charity shop and i made a deal with them and got a model of QM and titanic for £15, still in box, shall not open.

Back