Historical Fiction Recommendations?

Annabelle T

Hello!
After collecting several (albeit probably wayyy too many haha!) Titanic nonfiction books, i've started to look for books more into my favorite genre, historical fiction.
Does anyone have any recommendations or reviews of books in this genre about Titanic so i can get to know what i'm working with! and yes, i've read on the edge of daylight, it was..a nightmare to read to say the least. Im also creating this thread so others can find new books to read as well!
Have fun, and play nice in the replies please, blessed be :)

I'm afraid I can't help much. I have finished my historical novel "Three men on the Titanic", it will appear at the Argo publisher in Prague, Czech republic., in September this year. The problem is I write in Czech... Maybe somebody will translate it into English some day.

A Titanic Hero: Thomas Byles by Cady Crosby is about a real Titanic hero. Most of it is true, but some scene descriptions are added with creative license. It's not a mooshy love story, but it is a story of altruistic love to the bittersweet end. Most of the historical fiction I've been reading is for younger readers, because this is how many youth get into history (for example: American Girl). I just looked up "Titanic" in the library catalog online, and starting reading what I could find. Historical fiction touches my heart the most, because it uses real facts with extra stuff mixed in to tug at the heart. :) We can only read so many books that are based on nothing-but-the-facts before we realize we've heard all their quotes a dozen times over. Writers of historical fiction do research (on this website, and may other non-fiction books) and then come up with a whole new story that lets us glimpse the Titanic through their eyes, with their hearts. Now that takes talent! I agree with you, it's my favorite genre. :)

It caught me off-guard-- my outburst of copious tears!​

For Margaret Ann Brady's heartbreak over the years :( ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

In reaction to this historical fiction book:​

Voyage on the Great Titanic (Dear America):

The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady, R.M.S. Titanic, 1912

by Ellen Emerson White​

(She named him Robert)

Back