How hard would it be to turn a Titanic model in a Olympic?

Hello, since no one beside Revell bothered to do the Olympic (a now rare model, if it's available, it'll be at a verry high price), I wonder how hard it'd be to take a Titanic 1/700 scale and turn it in an Olympic (I'm sure I'll get other 1/570 revell kit ,I don't want to redo the windows/deal with the injection pins/the shape of the promenade deck more than twice).
Thanks for your answers!

I think your best shot might be to modify the Trumpiter 1/200 model. There is a large supply of brass and 3d printed detail kits that may be possible to modify to suit the Olympic. For example, Woodys Model Works makes replacement superstructure sections for the promenade decks, the windows of which are the most obvious difference between the two ships. You can check them out here: RMS Titanic Photo-etch Superstructure & Bridge Sets for Trumpeter 1:200 Kit

The Midwestern Model Shop folks have an excellent video diary, showing how they’re building two of these kits using a variety of available detail mods, such as the Woodys Model Works stuff. It might give you some ideas. Here is their video, using the brass promenade deck superstructure:

As for the Revell model, is it possible that they just reboxed the Titanic with Olympic branding? I believe they did it with the Cutty Sark/Thermopylae.

As for the Revell model, is it possible that they just reboxed the Titanic with Olympic branding? I believe they did it with the Cutty Sark/Thermopylae.
Possibly, but Revell actually bothered to care about accuracy and made the A-deck open, literally any other Olympic model you search for is just a Titanic model with an Olympic nameplate. I really do hope modeling companies like Revell, can release kits for Olympic or Britannic.

Back