Identification help needed

Hello,
I came across an interesting photo with a purported Titanic connection about six months ago. I have since been searching high and low for the source of the photograph, which was obviously pirated.
The photo is of a mid-aged woman and young man. My interest is in the identification of the woman. I would be happy to email a scan to anyone who may be interested in trying to help.
Thanks,
Kathleen

I've uploaded the pic to photobucket for easier viewing. Some may see a similarity with this lady and the famous Titanic pic of Father Brownes' with the unknown couple.
Could she be the unknown lady in the pic? I believe her facial features and body proportions to be very similar.

s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg167/kfaith236/?action=view&current=titanicwomanboy.jpg

Thanks again,
Kathleen

Dieter,

The lady in the Father Browne photograph is now generally accepted as being Mrs Emily Nichols. - The man Richard Smith. - Mrs Nichols left Titanic at Queenstown.

<The lady in the Father Browne photograph is now generally accepted as being Mrs Emily Nichols. - The man Richard Smith. - Mrs Nichols left Titanic at Queenstown.

I've read that also and accepted it until coming across this photo. I have never seen a photo of Mrs. Nichols, so I guess it leaves a bit of doubt for me.

>She looks like a nurse to me. There may be a cross on the left of her dress.

I agree. I was thinking a nurse or perhaps a governess. Hopefully, someone will recognize either the lady or the young man. I have been wondering if it could be Jack Ryerson and Grace Scott Bowen.
It's hard to tell from the scan, but it's her left hand on the boy's shoulder that looks like a cross.

Kathleen

Back