If you could play a Titanic passenger / crewman in a movie

For me it would be either Lightoller or Jack Thayer. Mr. Thayer is the one person on the Titanic I can identify with the most (largely because we're close to the same age.) Lightoller because I consider him the most interesting of those aboard.

I'm a girl, so I can't exactly take one of the Officers
wink.gif

I suppose that I would have to take the role of one of the passengers in that case. But I'd definitely choose to be a passenger who for some reason was more interested in the crew than in the ship
wink.gif

Regards,
Charmaine

In a movie about Thomas Andrews, I want to play Helen Andrews. However, I already portray Mrs. Lutie Parrish at my Titanic school exhibits, and have a lot of fun with her.

All the best,
Kyrila

I personally think that Hitchens has a certain appeal. Not only do you get to panic and wind up breaking the ship, but you also get to freak out and yell at people later on.

Josh.

Hell, I'm too old to play the part of Lowe, so I guess I'd have to go for Lightoller or Murdoch. (I'm 5'3" tall and turn 42 at the end of the month,, so who am I the closest match for? Murdoch I think.)

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

While Beesley would, obviously, be my personal choice, my age, height and general features would tend to make some casting director place me as...Whitfield got the iceberg, right? I'd probably be one of the funnels - the first one which toppled over.

Now, if I had to choose a human, I suppose (with a quick shave and dye-job) I'd like to be Col. Gracie.

I would like the part of Jack Thayer. He was two years older than me when he survived the sinking, and we share many of the same features. If not Jack, then I could probably squeeze by as a younger-looking Harold Bride.

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

I'd have to go for 2nd Engineer Herbert Harvey. Reason? Look at his picture on the bio - there's a man who looked like he had a smile constantly on his face!

He was also brave, competent at his job, and was last seen trying to help his colleague Jonathan Shepherd in B/R #5. All-in-all, he's someone I can both admire and aspire to be like.

Regards,
Paul.

Sixth Officer Moody definately. This is the officer I have had the most interest in, probably because he is so frequently forgotten and many authors give him pitifully little credit. He is only remembered as "the thank you" man. I would love to play Moody.

I'm surprised more people wouldn't choose to be Lightoller. His life just seems like such a fascinating one. We all know that wasn't his first or last adventure at sea, and even his name sounds like a sailor's name, or more specifically, and officer's name, since it sounds rather dignified.

Back